This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: analysis #2: alpha bootstrap failure on mainline
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at www dot eyesopen dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 20:06:13 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: analysis #2: alpha bootstrap failure on mainline
On Thu, 8 May 2003, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 12:13:46PM -0600, Roger Sayle wrote:
> > .libs/libgcj.la-4.o: branch relocation out-of-range, bad object file
> > produced, can't branch from 0x3ffbfd1b518 to 0xfffffffffffffffc
> I'm tracking this down. It appears that the Java front end lies
> to the backend about whether a particular routine is present in
> the current translation unit.
Just to let you know that your patch to the java front-end:
does indeed fix the Tru64 bootstrap failure. With this patch
installed I can once again build libjava on alphaev67-dec-osf5.1.