This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] More senseful loop size function
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 16:01:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] More senseful loop size function
- References: <20030509184528.GA27108@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 08:45:28PM +0200, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> * cfgloopanal.c (num_loop_insns, average_num_loop_insns):
> Count only real insns.
You may choose to also skip CLOBBER and USE insns, but
this patch is important because the number of NOTEs
varies with -g, and thus we have a case of -g not
producing the same results as without. Which is bad.
So, yes, this is ok.