This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Loop analysis
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Pop Sébastian <pop at gauvain dot u-strasbg dot fr>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 13:47:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Loop analysis
>>>>> Jason Merrill writes:
Jason> I assumed that the current position of the loop calls just had to do with
Jason> only needing a single #if 0 block. Presumably when we actually run the
Jason> loop optimizer we will think about when it should run. Complaining about
Jason> the position of disabled code seems a bit premature.
The original patch did not have the code disabled and inserted the
code in the exact same location. Diego later asked for it to be #if 0'ed
because no loop optimizations were implemented.
While working on SSA loop optimizations, I need to know if the
interaction between the existing loop optimization infrastructure and the
Tree-SSA design is hobbled from the beginning.