This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Loop analysis
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Pop Sébastian <pop at gauvain dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 12:59:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Loop analysis
>>>>> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Pop S=E9bastian?= writes:
Sebastian> The destructor could be moved after the SSA optimizers allowing these to use the
Sebastian> loop information. However, for the moment, the loop analysis is not used.
If we are going to add preliminary loop optimization framework, I
would like the framework to have the correct scope, which means finalizing
the loop information *after* the SSA optimizations. What's the point of
inserting loop optimizations in the Tree-SSA optimizations if the loop
optimizations cannot utilize the SSA form?