This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: preprocessor/7312: bootstrap failure due to invalid use oferrno
- From: Bruno Haible <bruno at clisp dot org>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 18:04:09 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: preprocessor/7312: bootstrap failure due to invalid use oferrno
- References: <email@example.com>
Zack Weinberg writes:
> At that point in the code,
> nothing has been done to give errno a meaningful value, so ->err_no
> should just be cleared to 0.
Well, I thought (and still think) that 'errno' here means the error
status from cpp_simplify_path. See the comments at the head of the
I also think that validate_pch() should not ignore this error status.