This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix handling of call clobbering readonly-result
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Olivier Hainque <hainque at ACT-Europe dot FR>
- Cc: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 09:51:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fix handling of call clobbering readonly-result
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> > This patch:
> > (expand_call): For calls initializing constant memory, replace
> > emission of standalone mem /u clobber with function usage entry.
> > is causing gcc.dg/builtins-6.c to be miscompiled on arm-elf.
> I'll be happy to look at it.
> Couple you please provide minimal directions to setup an environment
> allowing to reproduce the problem you saw ?
Simply build arm-elf cross compilers (--target=arm-elf) with and without
that patch (no need for an assembler). Then build the testcase using
<gcc-build-dir>/gcc/cc1 -O2 -ffast-math -isystem <gcc-build-dir>
Compare the assembly file differences (there rather obvious ;-)