This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Further option handling bugs
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:40:18 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Further option handling bugs
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org><20030506202817.GB30207@daikokuya.co.uk>
On Tue, 6 May 2003, Neil Booth wrote:
>> I'm afraid the option handling rewrite introduced some further bugs
>> in addition to the -Wsigned problem noted last week:
Neil, I just realized that indeed the bug was _not_ introduced by your
option handling rewrite, but had been there for many years...
> * c-opts.c (COMMAND_LINE_OPTIONS): Reject -Wmissing-prototypes
> and -Wstrict-prototypes if C++.
...so your patch above is in fact an improvement!
Thanks (and sorry for giving false blame).
PS: Would you mind queuing this patch for 3.3.1 and commit it after 3.3
has been released?
PPS: The new option handling code really is nice. :-)
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/