This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: small varasm.c improvements
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 09:10:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: small varasm.c improvements
- References: <200305071559.h47Fxq710902@pc960.cambridge.arm.com>
Richard Earnshaw <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> This patch accomplishes a handful of improvements to varasm.c. Most
>> significant is that output_constant_def will now defer anything, not
>> just a string constant. That means that, for instance, complex
>> numbers which appear in dead code no longer get emitted to .rodata
>> There were no regressions on i686-linux.
> But there is on arm-elf. Specifically, gcc.c-torture/execute/920501-5.c
> is being miscompiled as a result of this patch.
Please try the patch from