This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: small varasm.c improvements
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 16:59:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: small varasm.c improvements
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> This patch accomplishes a handful of improvements to varasm.c. Most
> significant is that output_constant_def will now defer anything, not
> just a string constant. That means that, for instance, complex
> numbers which appear in dead code no longer get emitted to .rodata
> There were no regressions on i686-linux.
But there is on arm-elf. Specifically, gcc.c-torture/execute/920501-5.c
is being miscompiled as a result of this patch.