This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Frame-related delay slot insns
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: rsandifo at redhat dot com, law at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 11:53:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Frame-related delay slot insns
With respect to dwarf2 debug and exception support, we don't allow
frame related instructions in the delay slot of branches on hppa-linux.
This is the only PA port that supports dwarf2 exceptions. We emit
a blockage at the end of the prologue when doing frame notes. This
isn't optimal but it's the only solution so far.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)