This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Refine check for using bitfield instructions
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 09:59:20 +0930
- Subject: Re: Refine check for using bitfield instructions
- References: <10305051802.AA19597@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 02:02:28PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Unfortunately, I can't find what the test case for this was: it was
> part of other changes that I split off.
> Tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
> Mon Jun 17 16:02:24 2002 Olivier Hainque <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * expr.c (expand_expr, case BIT_FIELD_REF): Refine the test forcing
> usage of bitfield instructions for mode1 != BLKmode, only ignoring
> SLOW_UNALIGNED_ACCESS if the field is not byte aligned.
> (store_field): Likewise.
Looks like the fix I was using for the breakage you introduced with
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre