This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to remove some mips Pmode != ptr_mode handling
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 05 May 2003 14:05:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch to remove some mips Pmode != ptr_mode handling
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 2003-05-03 at 01:54, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> At one point mips-rewrite had Pmode == DImode for all 64-bit targets
> (a way of trying to avoid too many sign-extensions). This seemed
> to make performance worse, though, so it was changed back to how
> it is now.
I'd like to try this again at some point so I'd like to hold off on the
patch for now.. :)
> The patch below just removes some lingering Pmode != ptr_mode support.
> The extendsidi2 part fixes execute/bcp-1.c for -mabi=64: the expander
> was aceepting more constants than it could handle.
I'll take a look at this though.
Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org>