This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Relax restriction slightly on integral mode structs
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 00:17:19 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Relax restriction slightly on integral mode structs
- References: <10305042212.AA15165@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sun, 4 May 2003, Richard Kenner wrote:
> We can allow non-BLKmode RECORD_TYPEs even if a field crosses a word
> boundary if that field is larger than a word since we have code to handle
> that case.
> Tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
> Tue Apr 22 18:40:20 2003 Richard Kenner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * stor-layout.c (compute_record_mode): Relax restriction
> on fields crossing word boundaries forcing BLKmode.
Do you have a testcase of the testsuite?