This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Stopping daily bump of version.c on old/closed branches
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 11:16:16 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: Stopping daily bump of version.c on old/closed branches
- References: <398380F8-755C-11D7-9B52-000A95A34564@dberlin.org><email@example.com><Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 2 May 2003, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> 2003-05-02 Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@email@example.com>
> * update_version (IGNORE_BRANCHES): Add.
> (BRANCHES): Do not consider branches matching $IGNORE_BRANCHES.
Even with this minimal patch, that all the old branches no longer get
version updates means that the script need no longer support updating lots
of different files that used to contain the date - just gcc/gcc/version.c
(The 18-step release process documentation can also be (slightly)
simplified; it no longer need describe additional files that contained the
version number on pre-3.3 branches.)
Joseph S. Myers