This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Warnings about rcs_id strings: let's settle this
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: Kean Johnston <jkj at sco dot com>, 'Zack Weinberg' <zack at codesourcery dot com>, 'Joe Buck' <jbuck at synopsys dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 03 May 2003 18:13:37 -0700
- Subject: RE: Warnings about rcs_id strings: let's settle this
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <00c301c311a3$17b95830$03419384@shrike> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Sat, 2003-05-03 at 12:22, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Sat, 3 May 2003, Kean Johnston wrote:
> > > changes regarding inline functions and declarations in system headers,
> > That is what was in the 3.2 code, I was just restoring it. I am not
> > introducing new behaviour, so no new test is needed. I was, on request,
> > restoring the old behaviour.
> The patch changes the observable behaviour of the compiler, so requires a
> testcase that the observable behaviour is changed as intended and the code
> does what is intended.
Perhaps you could help Kean by writing some test cases?
Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org>