This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: 3.3 PATCH to update_alignment_for_field
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 03 May 2003 08:36:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: 3.3 PATCH to update_alignment_for_field
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 2003-05-03 at 06:47, Jason Merrill wrote:
> The Java folks want to be able to check the alignment of a field.
Using "__alignof__" or in the front end? (Not that it matters; just
> Currently this works properly on the trunk, but 3.3 and before just give
> the type alignment. I'd like to apply this patch to make 3.3 give the
> right answer as well.
It's unfortunate that update_alignment_for_field has changed
substantially on the mainline -- that means that your patch isn't just a
straight copy from the mainline. But, I've stared hard at the code, and
your path seems to make sense.
Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org>