This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RFA: 3.3 PATCH to update_alignment_for_field
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 09:47:31 -0400
- Subject: RFA: 3.3 PATCH to update_alignment_for_field
The Java folks want to be able to check the alignment of a field.
Currently this works properly on the trunk, but 3.3 and before just give
the type alignment. I'd like to apply this patch to make 3.3 give the
right answer as well.
2003-05-03 Jason Merrill <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* stor-layout.c (update_alignment_for_field): Set DECL_ALIGN for
*** stor-layout.c.~1~ 2003-03-25 15:10:57.000000000 -0500
--- stor-layout.c 2003-04-23 18:57:11.000000000 -0400
*************** update_alignment_for_field (rli, field,
*** 794,799 ****
--- 794,801 ----
TYPE_USER_ALIGN (rli->t) |= user_align;
+ DECL_ALIGN (field) = desired_align;