This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC inline parameters (PR 10160 testcase)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>
- Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>,John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 21:31:30 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: GCC inline parameters (PR 10160 testcase)
- References: <200305021825.h42IPmxv027818@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca> <email@example.com> <1051902641.744.38.camel@steven>
On Fri, 2 May 2003, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> I've asked a couple of weeks ago if anybody had done some timings with
> different inline parameter settings, and there was _no_ reply at all.
I did at about one, two years ago in the context of Kurt Garloff providing
some very helpful inlining patches.
At the moment, I won't be able to do many full runs, if there are, say,
two or three different sets of options on the table, I'll happily bench-
mark them, both in terms of compile-time and performance of generated
(Just let's avoid to rush in with some changes in parameters with a
decent amount of testing of various applications and front-ends.)
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/