This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH (head): -Wunused-static-variable
- From: "David O'Brien" <obrien at FreeBSD dot org>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Kean Johnston <jkj at sco dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 08:48:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH (head): -Wunused-static-variable
- Organization: The NUXI BSD Group
- References: <006f01c31052$ca96d0b0$03419384@shrike> <3EB24640.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: obrien at FreeBSD dot org
On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 11:19:44AM +0100, Nathan Sidwell wrote:
> IIRC -Wunused used to warn about this kind of thing. I've not been paying
> attention. Has the -Wunused functionality been moved into -Wall, or is it
> something else?
> what is wrong with having this check in -Wunused?
-Wunused used to not warn about 'static const' as in the below:
static const char sccsid = "@(#)utilities.c 8.6 (Berkeley) 5/19/95";
now it does.
-- David (obrien@FreeBSD.org)