This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Allow "make compare" to use "make gnucompare" automatically
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>,"Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>,Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:05:50 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Allow "make compare" to use "make gnucompare" automatically
On 30 Apr 2003, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> I'm not sure the exit status of the last command of then or else is
> always used as the exit status of the entire if.
I'm fairly sure it is. Only when the 'else' arm is missing some shells
behave in funny ways.