This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Clarify comment in diagnostic.c
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 11:17:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Clarify comment in diagnostic.c
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
I was tripped at least twice by a translated string that had invalid
formats or had them in the wrong order. If that happens, we end up in a
place with a comment that is really not very helpful, since it suggests a
cause that has nothing to do with it. The following patch adds a sentence
to that effect.
If someone approves it, I can commit this.
2003-05-01 Wolfgang Bangerth <email@example.com>
* diagnostic.c (output_format) Mention another cause for an abort
in the preceding comment.
this an obvious (to me) fix, but you don't need a changelog entry for amending
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
The voices in my head said this was stupid too
firstname.lastname@example.org : http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~nathan/ : email@example.com