This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: function parms in regs, patch 1 of 3
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 22:07:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: function parms in regs, patch 1 of 3
- References: <20030424153416.GX1189@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au>
I looked through this patch, and didn't see any problems. It looks
forward. I am willing to approve it if Richard doesn't object.
I have the same concerns as Richard though. The function calling code
is complex and fragile. Problems here can result in silent ABI changes
that are difficult to detect, particularly since we have no established
testsuite for ABI compatibility. You should be prepared to revert the
patch if problems arise.