This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Allow xstormy16-elf-gcc to pass --gdwarf2 on to gas.
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 01 May 2003 11:39:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: Allow xstormy16-elf-gcc to pass --gdwarf2 on to gas.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nick Clifton <email@example.com> writes:
> Hi Guys,
> Current versions of GAS for the xstormy16-elf target supports the
> --gdwarf2 switch, but gcc would refuse to use it if invoked with an
> assembler source file and the -g command lien switch.
> The problem is the configure test needs to know what the no-op
> instruction for a target looks like before it can test it. For the
> xstormy16 a simple "nop" will suffice. The patch below adds the
> xstormy16 to the list of targets that have simple nop instructions,
> and so allows gcc to pass --gdwarf2 on to the assembler.
> May I apply the patch please ?
Yes, this is OK.
> 2003-05-01 Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * configure.in: Add xstormy16 to list of targets that has a nop
> instruction and hence which can be tested to see if the
> assembler supports the --gdwarf2 switch.
> * configure: Regenerate.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>