This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: stormy16: limit SI reload regs
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: geoffk at geoffk dot org
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:29:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: stormy16: limit SI reload regs
- References: <200304292136.h3TLa8809569@greed.delorie.com> <email@example.com> <200304300401.h3U41L007885@greed.delorie.com> <200304301928.h3UJSjF17432@greed.delorie.com> <200304302031.h3UKVL911399@desire.geoffk.org> <200304302310.h3UNArW18812@greed.delorie.com> <200305010023.h410NS711520@desire.geoffk.org>
> I really think it would be better to fix reload than to keep trying to
> work around this in the port.
Except in your last post you said...
> That won't work in general; sometimes you'll just happen to have a
> variable in the wrong register, and reload won't reload it because
> it fits the constraint even though it's not preferred.
You seemed to imply that fixing reload wouldn't solve the problem
completely. Did I misinterpret your post?