This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C PATCH]: tidy some code
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:17:32 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: [C PATCH]: tidy some code
On 27 Nov 2002, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> But that is translating something should be not be translated!
> Please, note that the diagnostic message isn't saying
> structure '%s'
> enumeration '%s'
> The diagnostic message is referring to a *type-id*; and should stand as such.
I don't know Italian, but suppose the point is that the noun phrase
'struct %s', though not itself translated, must be assigned a gender when
part of an Italian sentence, and this gender is assigned by the logic
described which yields different gender for struct and enum.
Joseph S. Myers