This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C PATCH]: tidy some code
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 27 Nov 2002 09:34:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C PATCH]: tidy some code
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Joseph S. Myers" <email@example.com> writes:
| On 26 Nov 2002, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > Nathan Sidwell <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| > | if (code == UNION_TYPE)
| > | ! error ("redefinition of `union %s'", IDENTIFIER_POINTER (name));
| > | else
| > | ! error ("redefinition of `struct %s'", IDENTIFIER_POINTER (name));
| > Hi Nathan, I'm not clear about why this conditional is done here.
| > I think the diagnostic machinary is able to figure out how to print
| > name with the appropriate class-key. What else am I missing?
| That the code was made this way by Paolo Bonzini to allow for different
| gender of struct/union/enum in some languages
| <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-06/msg01330.html> (c-decl.c
| revision 1.260).
That, I think, is bogus:
1) here 'union' and 'struct' are not used as natural words; they are
2) what about 'class'?
3) There is no point in translating *keyword*
4) if keyword should be translated then, that is the *wrong* place
to do it.
I'll check it a patch to correct that.