This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Replace almost all occurences of "GNU CC" with "GCC"
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven dot Bosscher at usafa dot af dot mil
- Cc: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:45:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: Replace almost all occurences of "GNU CC" with "GCC"
- References: <15A5B6227F19D311856E00902746453504EE5D66@fsxqpz05.usafa.af.mil>
> About libiberty: the files you mention are GPL v2+ with the special exeption
> clause. This means that a part of libiberty is GPL'ed, and another part is
> LGPL'ed. Should all files be LGPL instead?
Changing the copyright terms of any file owned by the FSF is not
permitted without express permission from the FSF.
I believe it is permissible to change "part of GCC" to "part of
Libiberty" in the file header, though, although an official comment on
this from the FSF has never been warranted before.