This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Add ARM to gas .file/.loc tests
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:27:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: Add ARM to gas .file/.loc tests
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> > > * configure.in: Set insn=nop for DWARF-2 tests on ARM.
> > I think it'd be better to use ".long 0" universally. Then the
> > target-dependent insn=some-nop settings can go.
> .long 0 is not a recognized nop on the ARM (it doesn't do very much, but
> it isn't strictly a nop). So what do we want? A nop? or a zero?
I should add that in Thumb, .word 0 is two instructions, both of which are
the same, but have the side-effect of altering the condition codes; so it
definitely isn't a nop.