This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Installed] Patch to handling of floats in sh constant pools
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:22:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Installed] Patch to handling of floats in sh constant pools
- Organization: SuperH UK Ltd.
If TARGET_SHCOMPACT, and we have a sequence of constants like this:
> sh.c:dump_table() will realise that B needs a word of padding
> and will try to find a later constant to plug the gap. In this
> case it picks C, so the final constant order is: A C B D.
B needs a word of padding only if TARGET_FMOVD is true, *and* there
has been an odd number of words since the last 64 bit (or larger)
> The code also doesn't check for DImode constants, which need
> the same sort of alignment as DFmode ones.
No, DImode constants need only 32 bit alignment in SHcompact local
constant pools, because they are actually loaded as two SImode
SuperH (UK) Ltd.
2410 Aztec West / Almondsbury / BRISTOL / BS32 4QX
T:+44 1454 465658