This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: S/390: Avoid relocations in .eh_frame section
- From: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at immd1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 23:32:34 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: S/390: Avoid relocations in .eh_frame section
>The size of any dynamic object is constrained to 4 GB anyway
>(because we assume LARL and BRASL can reach any local symbol),
>and references to other dynamic objects should be handled via
>DW_EH_PE_indirect, so sdata8 would just waste space IMO.
Doh. pcrel sdata4 constrains the dynamic object size to *2* GB.
This is irritating :-/
Is there some way of using an udata4 offset relative to .text
or something like that? If not, I guess I'll have to use
sdata8 after all ...
Dr. Ulrich Weigand