This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bounds checking for TREE_VEC_ELT and related bugs (PR c++/8511)
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:27:00 -0800
- Subject: Re: Bounds checking for TREE_VEC_ELT and related bugs (PR c++/8511)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
>> This *should* resolve PR c++/8511; however, I am not certain of the
>> fix to that part of the code (the changes to cp/pt.c). I would
>> appreciate a once-over by C++ maintainers.
> All of the changes *except* that one are OK.
> I need to figure out what's going on in that case; I'm thinking that if
> we get here with an invalid index, we've got some other problem somewhere
> else that wants fixing.
> I will look into that later today.
A test case that gets there with an invalid index is
I would not be surprised if the real bug is elsewhere -- changing
apparently unrelated code makes the problem vanish.
In view of Gabriel's comments I'm going to hold off committing the
rest of it a while.