This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ada patch: Correct bug box, remove ACT-specific references (Take2)
- From: Graham Stott <graham dot stott at btinternet dot com>
- To: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Cc: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:20:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: ada patch: Correct bug box, remove ACT-specific references (Take2)
- References: <C7890CE6-F804-11D6-94F8-00039344BF4A@gnat.com>
Geert Bosch wrote:
On Thursday, Nov 14, 2002, at 13:49 America/New_York, Graham Stott wrote:
On a related note I'm unable to build Ada on the 3.2 branch using
a version of Ada built from the 3.3 branch. The problem is 3.3
doesn't like the 3.2 system.ads file.
Yes, that is expected. The issue is that the system.ads file is read by
the compiler at run time to determine a number of parameters in use for
the target, such as choice of exception handling model. When a new
version of the compiler adds more parameters, the old system.ads version
is no longer sufficient. In general, you should build version X of the
front end with version X or X-1.
Argh so you are saying that Ada on 3.2 is newer than Ada on 3.3?
most counter intuative :-P