This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: style.html -- documentation navigation
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:32:46 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: style.html -- documentation navigation
- References: <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 11:05:10PM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> In the navigation, rename Docs to Documentation, move the FAQ to the
> end of the section, and add a link to Testing.
> (Janis, should we link install/test.html from testing/index.html and
> refer to the latter instead of the former?)
Someone looking for documentation about testing would expect to get the
information that's in install/test.html. The new page is for testing
above and beyond what most people do. It's currently linked from the
text on the home page, which makes it fairly prominent, but probably
doesn't need to be linked from install/test.html, at least now. I plan
to somehow link that page with the part of the projects list that gives
testing ideas for people who have spare machine cycles available for
pounding on GCC.