This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: FYI: Classpath comparison
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Java Patch List <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:34:23 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Patch: FYI: Classpath comparison
On 9 Nov 2002, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I'd like to automate the libgcj/Classpath comparison.
> However, I'm a bit leery of having some automatic job checking stuff
> in to cvs; doubly so since it is most convenient for me to run the
> comparison program as a generic test user here. Suggestions?
Some thoughts: First of all, would you mind moving the actual script
to wwwdocs/bin (AFAICs it currently resides in wwwdocs/htdocs where we
only ought to have documents).
Second, in my experience improving automation gradually has worked out
In this case, I'd suggest to start with a nightly cronjob that automatically
performs the comparison and generates a new HTML page. If and only if
the contents of the new pages differs from the previous one, you receive
an e-mail with the patch (and a properly generated ChangeLog entry).
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/