This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RS6000 buried treasure - NO_IMPLICIT_EXTERN_C
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: geoffk at geoffk dot org, dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:08:08 -0800
- Subject: Re: RS6000 buried treasure - NO_IMPLICIT_EXTERN_C
--On Thursday, November 07, 2002 08:50:46 PM -0800 Zack Weinberg
Of all the targets using config/rs6000, only *-linux* and *-windiss*
define NO_IMPLICIT_EXTERN_C. This just bit me good and hard while
trying to use powerpc-eabisimaltivec -- altivec.h assumes it is safe
to use C++ constructs which will spew errors under extern "C".
I am inclined to enable NO_IMPLICIT_EXTERN_C for the entire directory,
in rs6000.h. What few targets this is inappropriate for -- I'm
willing to bet that's either none, or only AIX 3.1 -- can #undef it
That seems OK to me, but let's let give the RS6000 maintainers
a few days to comment. If they don't say no, check it in.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com