This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [RFC] NetBSD note segment
- From: Momchil Velikov <velco at fadata dot bg>
- To: Momchil Velikov <velco at fadata dot bg>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 19:10:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [RFC] NetBSD note segment
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 13:15:55 +0200
Momchil Velikov <email@example.com> wrote:
> C/C++ for powerpc-unknown-netbsd and compiling and running a
> hello-world with each language. Running dynamically linked binaries
> seems broken, statically linked seem to work.
>  Probably binutils problem, will check later with NetBSD's own
It didn't work with them also, the message is from the dynamic linker
(/usr/libexec/ld.elf_so), apparently GCC/as generate a relocation which
the linker does not support.
/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.5: Unsupported relocation type 10 in non-PLT
The relocation type 10 is R_PPC_REL24. Similar relocations are marked
as "should not occur" throughout ld.elf_so sources.