This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH for sibcalls on i386
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:29:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: PATCH for sibcalls on i386
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, John David Anglin wrote:
> All the new sibcall tests fail on hppa64-hp-hpux*. The last two
> fail on hppa-linux. For sibcall-1.c, I see that the statement
> "Self-recursion tail calls are optimized for all targets, regardless
> of presence of sibcall patterns." is incorrect when it comes to
> hppa64-hp-hpux*, although it does happen under hppa-linux.
I think it's just the "are optimized for all targets" bit that's
not correct. Would you agree with "Self-recursion tail call
optimization happen regardless of presence of sibcall patterns"?
(That's what I saw.)
If you don't agree, why not (as in "how comes that a sibcall
pattern matter in your case")?