This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Update gcc.c-torture/execute/20020720-1.x
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:56:09 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Update gcc.c-torture/execute/20020720-1.x
> Note this test unexpectedly fails on sparcv9/sparc64 and on
> regular sparc with -m64.
> Do you plan to fix this or should I mark it XFAIL?
I'd like to bring the following posting to the attention of
the sparc64 maintainers.
Stepping through the debugger compiling 20020720-1.c with -m64
on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 reveals that the code to perform the
optimization triggers, but the sparc64 machine description is
unable to handle the constant %fcc0 result. Adding two new place
holder patterns, as Dave Anglin did for PA-RISC, should not
only fix this testcase, but also enable other optimizations.