This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH] Improved boehm-gc support for s390/s390x
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Boehm, Hans" <hans_boehm at hp dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, boehm at acm dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:40:49 +0200
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] Improved boehm-gc support for s390/s390x
Hans Boehm wrote:
>I assume there were never any 64-bit 370s.
Definitely not; in fact the first S/370 models didn't even
have 31-bit addressing mode but were 24-bit only ;-)
>Thinking about this some more, since you clearly rely on 390
>extensions in at least that way, I don't have a strong opinion
>about the naming either. I also have no idea whether anyone
>still cares about the UTS4 support, or whether the "S370" case
>can be eliminated completely. If you like, please go ahead and
>check in the patch as is.
Thanks, I've checked it in now.
>If it's OK with you, I will also put it in my tree.
Certainly, please do so.
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
Linux for S/390 Design & Development
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH, Schoenaicher Str. 220, 71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49-7031/16-3727 --- Email: Ulrich.Weigand@de.ibm.com