This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Allocator in basic_string should default to __STL_DEFAULT_ALLOCATOR(charT)
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Lars Doelle <lars dot doelle at on-line dot de>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:50:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Allocator in basic_string should default to __STL_DEFAULT_ALLOCATOR(charT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The file you are changing is in GCC/libstdc++ version 2, which is no longer
maintained. Please consider switching to version 3.
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002