This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Performance regression
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:56:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: Performance regression
On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 07:50 PM, David Edelsohn wrote:
The code you sent was compiled with -O3 -funroll-loops? On AIX,
the main function withthose optimization options does not call any
function -- the result is calculated directly:
Yes, -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops. I'll investigate why
the inline isn't happening here; looks like it ought to be. Bumping
up the limit on the command line doesn't help.