This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [web] Revised instructions for testing using a simulator
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 23:39:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: [web] Revised instructions for testing using a simulator
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 12:52:38PM -0500, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> > The current instructions work for me.
> Same here.
> Perhaps you could supplement the docs with a mention of uberbaum, not
> replace directions that seem to work for most people?
To clarify, the existing directions do work for me as far as they go -
that is, if I do exactly what they say I can successfully create,
build, and test a unified tree. It's updating the tree from CVS once
I've got it that doesn't work for me. I can leave the existing text
alone, but it would be good if someone who knows how to update such a
tree could document the right procedure to do that.
I'll point out that the technique is much simpler if you use uberbaum
(one cvs login/checkout pair .vs. two of them and then two cpio
incantations) and so is arguably a better technique for a how-to