This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for PR c/4319
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:27:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Patch for PR c/4319
I don't completely understand why I didn't see this earlier but
gcc.dg/typespec-1.c now fails in over a 100 places on hppa64-hp-hpux11.00.
I first observed this in a build last night, but 3.2 doesn't warn or
generate an error for the following as well, even with -pedantic:
char short *x23;
Looking at c-decl.c, I see that explicit_char is 1 for this case, so
the change that you made doesn't generate an error for "char short".
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)