This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA:] Take 2: emit error for overlap of asm-register-declared variable and asm clobber list
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:11:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] Take 2: emit error for overlap of asm-register-declared variable and asm clobber list
- References: <200209210138.DAA13977@ignucius.axis.se>
On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 03:38:19AM +0200, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> * doc/extend.texi (Extended Asm): Clarify that overlap between
> asm-declared register variables used in an asm and the asm clobber
> list is not allowed.
> * stmt.c (decl_conflicts_with_clobbers_p): New function.
> (expand_asm_operands): Keep track of clobbered registers. Call
> decl_conflicts_with_clobbers_p for each input and output operand.
> If no conflicts found before, also do conflict sanity check when
> emitting clobbers.
> * gcc.dg/20020919-1.c: New test.