This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: There can be only one version_string
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:36:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: There can be only one version_string
- References: <200209202231.SAA29057@caip.rutgers.edu>
On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 06:31:37PM -0400, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > From: Zack Weinberg
> > I needed to change version_string from const char *const to const char
> > to make the Ada stuff work; this is also marginally more memory
> > efficient.
> How is const char more memory efficient than const char *const ?
const char is just the string; const char *const is the string and a
read-only pointer to that string.