This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gcc-3_4-basic-improvements-branch] cfgloop.c: Remove unused functions.
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>,Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>,"gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 03:46:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: [gcc-3_4-basic-improvements-branch] cfgloop.c: Remove unused functions.
- References: <1032283278.8712.60.camel@frodo> <EAA45C68-CA86-11D6-9548-000393575BCC@dberlin.org>
> On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 01:21 PM, Diego Novillo wrote:
> >On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 13:07, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> >>2002-09-17 Kazu Hirata <email@example.com>
> >> * cfgloop.c (add_bb_to_loop): Remove.
> >> (remove_bb_from_loops): Likewise.
> >> (find_common_loop): Likewise.
> >> (loop_preheader_edge): Likewise.
> >> * basic-block.h: Remove corresponding prototypes.
> >Why are these being removed? We may start using them on the tree-ssa
> >branch sometime soon.
> I'm with Diego.
> Please also check if they are used on the cfg-branch, in the new loop
> optimizer (*-new.c). If so, it means they are needed anyway.
All of these are used by new loop optimizer code, so I would really
preffer them to be kept.