This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: preliminary patch for objc_comptypes() fixes
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- To: Nicola Pero <nicola at brainstorm dot co dot uk>
- Cc: Nicola Pero <n dot pero at mi dot flashnet dot it>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:46:22 -0700
- Subject: Re: preliminary patch for objc_comptypes() fixes
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Nicola Pero wrote:
sorry for having been a few days late with this.
No problem, this looks great. The comprehensive testcases are excellent,
almost as if you used gcov to confirm that all paths were covered... :-)
Thu Sep 12 12:09:12 2002 Nicola Pero <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Fix PR/7014 and related objc typechecking bugs:
* c-typeck.c (comp_target_types): Added a reflexive argument.
Pass it to ObjC when/if calling objc_comptypes(). Updated all
callers to provide the appropriate reflexive argument.
* objc/objc-act.c (objc_comptypes): Carefully checked and fixed
typechecking for all cases of comparisons and assignments,
particularly the obscure and less common ones involving protocols.
OK for the trunk, with a couple micro-nits:
objc_comptypes (type, rhstype, 0);
if (coder == VOID_TYPE)
error ("void value not ignored as it ought to be");
Better to leave the blank line in, for spacing.
for (lproto = lproto_list; lproto; lproto = TREE_CHAIN (lproto))
p = TREE_VALUE (lproto);
rproto = 0;
rinter = lookup_interface (rname);
while (rinter && !rproto)
You're replacing an empty line with a line with extra whitespace;
the "canonical" form is to have the line be totally empty.
Don't forget change entry for testcases!