This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [libstdc++] Factor out symbol extraction from abi_check, sort in C locale
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:01:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: [libstdc++] Factor out symbol extraction from abi_check, sort in C locale
- References: <20020913230313.A19851@disaster.jaj.com>
> 2002-09-13 Phil Edwards <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * testsuite/abi_check.cc: Pull shell fragments out into...
> * config/abi/extract_syms: ...here. New file.
> * Makefile.am (check_abi): Change to match.
> (new-abi-baseline): New target.
> * Makefile.in: Regenerated.
After feedback from Benjamin, I changed the name of the script to
enable_symvers, and have checked this in on trunk.
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002