This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: add missing if-then-else optimization
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:48:22 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: add missing if-then-else optimization
- References: <30E963D8-C748-11D6-93B1-003065C86F94@apple.com>
On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:39:52AM -0700, Dale Johannesen wrote:
> (Note, to get this to work I also had to change various places
> that insert inline substitutions to do the insertion before
> "cond_earliest", rather than before "jump". The comments say
> this is what is supposed to happen, and it seems to work.
Nope. The comments _should_ have all been updated to say "jump".
2002-05-03 Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* ifcvt.c (noce_try_store_flag, noce_try_store_flag_constants,
noce_try_store_flag_inc, noce_try_store_flag_mask, noce_try_cmove,
noce_try_cmove_arith, noce_try_minmax, noce_try_abs): Insert new
code before JUMP, not EARLIEST.
I guess I'll have to re-examine the ABS code to see what went wrong.