This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: rs6000 sibcall test
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 19:24:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: rs6000 sibcall test
>>>>> Alan Modra writes:
Alan> What optimization is that? It makes no difference to ELF binding
Alan> rules whether a call displacement is positive or negative.
If the function were declared external but defined earlier in the
file (TREE_ASM_WRITTEN), and not flag_pic, then we know that function is
local and cannot be overridden even though it is external.